Monday 6 July 2009

Night falls
And towns become circuit boards
We can beat the sun as long as we keep moving

From the air
Stadium lights stand out like flares
And all I know is that you're sat here right next to me

We rarely see
Warning signs in the air we breathe
Right now I feel each and every fragment

This paper trail leads right back to you
You say you need me to step outside

You spent the evening unpacking books from boxes
You passed me up so as not to break a promise
Scattered polaroids and sprinkled words around your collar
In the long run, you said you knew that this would happen
Maxïmo Park - Books From Boxes




Sometimes a lyric will just catch hold of my heart and play over and over in my mind, a loop of familiarity. This is it.

The air around us is crackling; expectations, hopes, memories and fears collide. It's been too long. The times we shared are in the past, buried and forgotten. But yet, not quite. We sit in silence, lost in reflections of times gone past. It all come out in a rush. Imissedyou.Doyouremember?I'llneverforgetthedaythatifoundout.Whathappenedtous?Idon'tknow.Forgiveme?It'salreadyinthepast.
This girl introduced me to this song, one i'll listen to every time I feel happy or sad, when i want to laugh and cry and scream and shout all at once. This girl dried my tears when i lost my first love, came miles to hold my hand when i was in a hospital bed, laughed when i learned how to laugh again, rescued me when my world turned upside down and my heart fell out. This is girl-love at it's best. She's back and I can't even remember why we parted in the first place.

*

It's nighttime. A bed creaks rhythmically, she whimpers softly. Her gasping rises to a crescendo, a keening cry that suggest more pain than ecstasy. These twilight hours are more desolate than most, the ones where I am more likely to give up hope than any other time. I don't. I can't I've come so far and my strength still surprises me, I expect myself to give up and shock myself everytime.

I missed writing.
Night y'all :)

No comments: