Monday 31 August 2009

Let me set the scene.

You're 20 years old
You live 6,100 miles from your dad
You see him perhaps once every 3 years
You want to live with your dad but are struggling to get the residency you are entitled to
You'd love to just jump on a place but are in a fair amount of debt
Your dad was in an accident when you were 5 weeks old and is now paralysed and brain damaged
Although he is fiercely independant he needs live-in help
A year and a half ago your aunt and uncle moved in to help him, they were moving from the North to the South of the country and needed a place to live. they conveniently chose to live rent free with your dad


This afternoon you ecieve this email.


What do you do??



"Hello darling, sorry you've had to wait so long for a reply, but I've had an awful lot on my mind and haven't been able to dedicate time to this.
Firstly about a month ago R said he wanted to have a chat.
The main thrust of the chat was that he and B felt that I should sell my house and buy a unit in an old age complex, and that they were so convinced of this that they'd set up a couple of viewing appointments for me.
Well you could have knocked me down with a feather!
I certainly hadn't seen it coming.
It seemed as we talked about it that they were missing the lock up and go aspect of their lives before they moved in with me in the early part of last year.
So they've taken me to see a couple of places so far to look, one in PL, and one in DR.
The PL one is a little on the small side, one bedroom, but it is over the road from H-Place, a shopping centre, so that would be very convenient but that was the only thing that attracted me.
I'd be miles from all my friends
I don't have transport so I'd be kinda cut off.
I'm getting a lot of pressure from R and B, and it's making me feel unwanted, which is not nice.
The DR one is very nice, it's 2 bedroom with lovely mountain views, but it's miles from the shops etc, though there is a pub within walking distance!
PL is a dry suburb, so that's not much fun!
I did establish that both places would allow long term visitors without any problems.
Now in order to be able to buy into one of these places I would have to sell my house, so I've had a clutch of estate agents come and do evaluations to see where I should aim at pricewise should I decide to sell.
I really don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ok, one day this will be what will have to happen to my dad.

But.

That's my home they're going to MAKE him sell!!
HOME!!

I asked him a fortnight ago if I could move in with him because I need to go home.
This is the reply I get???

No comments: